Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An Evening in IIM-Trichy

It was around 5'O clock when, I decided to go for snacks and then possibly loosen my muscles by playing something. " Svaroop come to tea " called Uday. We went to the mess and saw the mess person serving bondaas. "Is it good" asked Uday to one of our classmates. Not Bad he said. We decided that we shall eat one each, have coffee and go to play cricket. We had the snacks and coffee(In fact we had 2 bondaas as it was good) and we went towards the ground.

"Chetan for me", "Satish for me", " Bibhash", "Karthick"  .................. The captains had already started calling the teams. We too shall join we said.  Chalo batting karte ho ya bowling Abhishek asked me. "Bowling" I told. To chalo yaar tum batting team me aajavo..


Within a minute the match started. And since close to 2 years this was my first cricket outing. The first over was a fearsome one( I forgot who bowled it) and the same continued over after over. I was very surprised to see the cricket talent in our class. Within about 8 overs I could see at-least 3-4 very good bowlers any many more better than me and given the fact that I was among the best bowlers in my class (and sometimes in the whole college) since my school days, this was pretty shocking for me. I had heard from many that IIM generally have very good all-rounders( I mean multi talented people) and I was happy to see quite a few of them here with me. 

 We finished the batting with a moderate score and went to field. Uday was the opening batsman. And Phew .. there were a lot of good bowlers in our team too. The competition for bowling was so high that I had to beg to bowl an over( just kidding guys). Finally with some luck could clinch 2 wickets. By the end of 8 overs Uday had already scored bulk of the runs and still going great. But a twist in their tail meant Uday had fought the whole innings for a loosing cause.

After playing, everyone started to do some discussions. The discussions spanned from plan for a booz party to discussion about a case study which was discussed in the class. After some chit chats, a few of us decided to go and have some juice .Cold Juice after sweaty play was really awesome and coming to know that the lime juice cost only Rs6 my love for the juice doubled. And after having quite a few glasses of them we all left.

These are only the starting days and perhaps the evenings are not going to be all masti for sure. But guess what..? They are going to be better and great and the pleasant memories which we shall be preserving for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment