Saturday, March 5, 2011

My IIM Rohtak-Trichy-Raipur GDPI Experience

I had my IIM Rohtak-Trichy-Raipur GD and personal interview on 2nd march 2011( Originally was on 3rd march , but since it was clashing with IIM L interview, I got it rescheduled). My center was Hotel Monarch Luxor Bangalore,  this was my first IIM interview .

My PROFILE:

Acads
X %   89.4 , CBSE Board, year - 2003
XII%, 83.17 Karnataka state Board, year - 2005
Undergrad Stream (BA, BE etc), Specialization (CS, mech etc), Percentage, Year, Institute : E&C, 72, 2009

Work-Ex:
Sectors, Company - Number of months : Software Engineer - 18 months.

CAT (2010):
DI         : 93.8
Quant    : 98.85
Verbal   : 99.25
Aggregate : 99.56(281/450)
(category if applicable)  - General

Extra acads : Cricket n Table tennis.

Interview & Essay :

Essay  Topic: Should we allow elders to stay at our homes or in old age homes.
  
Number of Ppl present : 8

Brief Snapshot of the attempt: GD was for 12mins. The discussion was a healthy one and no fish market. Came in around 3-4 times and gave some good points.

Rate your preparation(0-5): 3
Rate your performance(0-5): 3.5

Because of the reschedule, mine was the last interview.

PI:
Panel Members Intro: 2 middle aged guys P1 and P2 and an aged guy P3.
Questions:
P1: What should we ask you. Ok tell me about yourself?
Me: Told.

P1: Tell me about niche websites( had told about it) ?
Me: Gyaan.

P2: what are computer viruses?
Me: told.

P2:  Wanted more info?
Me: Told, but they were not fully convinced.

P3: Asked some questions in engineering?
Me: Told.

P3: More on the engineering topics
Me: More gyaan.

P1: Tell me about your work.
Me: Told.

P1: Tell me some management techniques in your work.
Me: gyaan.

P1: Difficulties in your work.
Me: gyaan.

 P2: I think we are done with you.
Me: Fine sir. Thank you.

Rate your preparation(0-5): 3.5
Rate your performance(0-5): 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment